Saturday, 28 February 2009

Day 25 - We kinda cheat.

Right...
So we kinda cheated. Thursday was a WEN meeting at 7:30 AND supposed to be a coordinator's meeting for the Art House at 6 AND Mac was meeting this woman from Listed (a local listings magazine) at 5. So I didn't think we had time for dinner. I suggested that we eat at the Art House. Which we did. We got given the soup, but I paid full price (3.25) for the pasty. Which means we cheated. Of course, I cheated more on Friday, but that's still to come.

I'm tempted to find out the per-portion cost of the food at the Art House and work it out--after all, they buy their veg from Riverford.... so shouldn't that count as part of our 75p per person per day? Probably not.

I think we're just going to make up this meal after our 30 days (we thought doing this in February during the shortest month of the year was kinda cheating.


Breakfast:
Megan: (12p)
a bowl of oatmeal (O) (I still have no raisins) 8p, cup of tea 4p (O), Mac: Toast (O) w/ marmite & butter (O) : 15p + 4p (19p)
Lunch - leftover pasta and broccoli 29p. Plus, Nina at the Art House kept giving me loads of food--I got given a small bowl of soup
(O) AND some bread (O) AND a piece of stale staff cake (mostly O) . It was freaking awesome! I think Mac got 2 free donuts as well (those were certainly NOT organic).
At work - Megan had
(O) 1cup of tea - 4p, Mac had (O) 2 - 6p
Dinner -
(O) 1/2 pasty at Art House and a (O) small bowl of soup and Mac had a sandwich before he came to the Art House (probably about 20p?)
Riverford - 75p

TOTAL (excluding dinner) 1.20, Mac 1.49
Shame we didn't eat at home that night. We could have TOTALLY made dinner that day and had dessert. Oh well.

1 people left comments - you should too!:

Barny said...

At work - Megan had (O) 1cup of tea - 4p, Mac had (O) 2 - 6p

Mac had organic?

I'm enjoying the blog so far by the way :) Gonna have to try me some of these recipes.