Friday, 20 February 2009

Day 19 - mushroom and leek bake and NO cookies during the day

Mac has just made leek and mushroom bake from this recipe here. I don't know what he's making them with.... I wish we'd started some pearl barley as soon as Mac got home because that would be DELICIOUS. Instead I think we're having potatoes.

Here's the recipe for those of you who don't want to watch the whole video over and over again.

Mushroom and Leek Bake

Served 3ish - 25p per portion

Ingredients:
30g butter (Mac used oil instead 6p)
5 leeks, trimmed & sliced (RIVERFORD)
250g mushrooms sliced (RIVERFORD)
1 clove garlic, crushed (8p)
100mL veg stock (1 tsp stock - 2p)
150mL cream (we used milk) (19p)
1tsp thyme (3p?)
30g grated parmesan (Mac only used 10g - 17p)
salt & pepper

served with 400g potatoes (20p)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 180C
Chop leeks and mushrooms, and mince garlic. Heat butter (oil) over medium heat and then add sliced leeks Gently fry 2-3 min, stirring often so they don't brown Add mushrooms, salt, pepper and thyme and minced garlic.
Cook another 4 min.
Add chicken stock and cream (milk--cook a bit longer if using milk)
Stir and bring to the boil for 1 min.
Bake in the oven for 20min.
Take out and sprinkle the top with parmesan.
Return to oven for 5 min or until most liquid has reduced.
Serve immediately


Breakfast:
Mac - oatmeal (happy, Robin??) with jam - 17p, Megan - oatmeal with 20g raisins - 13p
(I ran out of time for a cup of tea)
At work: Megan - 2 cups of tea - 8p, Mac - one cookie and one cup of tea - 8p
During work: Megan also had her cup of tea and hot chocolate because she's bad.r Lunch: leftover stirfry - 43p
Dinner: 25p (it only really made three portions)
Riverford: 75p

Megan 1.64 + 2 cookies + pistachios - 2.00
Mac 1.68 + 42g of pistachios for 2.00


Ok, I have a confession to make. I accepted two hot beverages today--paid for by other people. I'm a cheat.


Dave bought me a hot chocolate at lunch. I think he felt bad for me. Rob, my boss, bought me a tea (and bought another guy a tea) when we went up to the canteen for a meeting in the morning.

Dave had actually offered to buy me lunch, but I told him that wouldn't count. He also kept asking if I wanted cake or something. I think it was a bit mean meeting up with him when I wasn't going to be eating (I ate my stirfry beforehand so I wouldn't be so tempted). BUT I really like hanging out with Dave and I didn't think my challenge should get in the way. I guess this means I go over? I don't know. I'm not very good with enforcing my own interpretation of the rules.

Mac got cakes for free at work. Lucky. He had three mini muffins, two mini flapjacks and a mini caramel thing AND a satsuma. WHAT THE CRAPOLA?!? I guess I get loads of free cakes and cookies and stuff at meetings. But that's not during the work day when I'm HUNGRY.

0 people left comments - you should too!: