Right, so my WEN (Women's Environmental Network) group has taken on this month's challenge of avoiding supermarkets as much as we can.
I'm going to call and see if we can get a milk delivery (or if the Art House can get a milk delivery, maybe I can buy the occasional bottle off of them?) Unfortunately, although they have an electric truck (it is like the FSC maintenance vehicles you see--like bigger golf carts) , reuse glass bottles, they don't seem to have organic/free range milk. Duh. We'll see what we can do.
I bought free range eggs (6 for 95 p!) and a loaf of brown bread at a local bakery--a lot closer than I thought it was. It was a really quick walk from the house, really cute row of shops, and I was VERY tempted by cheese & onion pasties and apple turnovers. Damnit.
We're off to the health food shop across from the Art House to buy some tempeh for tempeh fajitas tonight--AND I'm going to try making homemade tortillas for the first time EVER. I'm a little nervous, but I found a youtube video that makes it look pretty easy--although the chef does seem a bit patronising.
Saturday, 10 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 people left comments - you should too!:
Post a Comment