Robin has accused me recently of spending too much money. She bragged about the fact that she’s been able to spend nothing during HER “buy nothing month”. I think I’ve done pretty well considering what I’ve done in the past month and a half.
I’ve been to three different art exhibitions, been to see Ghostbusters at the movie theatre, and saw some archived footage of a film. I went to a play, and have been to at least 5 gigs, two of which weren’t in Southampton. I’ve met up with friends and had them over for dinner, and even been out to eat three times--once a couchsurfer paid, once it was my friend Dave (Dave and I are taking turns on who covers lunch—I made a Greek ‘feast’ last week), and once I had to pay (which is part of the reason I went so far over).
All in all, I think I’ve done pretty well.
Robin also has the added advantage of a car. She is counting her gas as “essential”, whereas any transportation I use, apart from my feet, I’m considering a luxury. In reality, it is. I don’t need to take a bus or a train. Apart from going to work or the grocery store (both of which I walk to), I don’t need to go anywhere.
As for my phone, I’ve figured out a solution—it’s already in my “bills” budget, so I’ve accounted for the £10 already. If I want, I could take it out of the budget and put it into my “spending money”. . . . If I do that, I should probably also take out Mac’s mobile money. Since he spends about £30 a month and I’m spending £5, that would give me more spending money and work in my favour. BUT, I’d already settled on trying to “live” off of the £74.65, so I think I should just leave things as they are, and not count my O2 bill as part of my “spending money”. That makes sense, right?
. . . .
I’ve also managed not to spend any money since my Greek food purchases last Friday (although it’s meant skipping a couple of gigs) so I’ll have enough to go to Reading to Jim’s birthday. I have managed to finagle a present out of thin air, so that won’t cost me either…. And then I just need to NOT SPEND until November 10th!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 people left comments - you should too!:
Post a Comment